Caeleb Dressel events, schedule, odds, predictions, picks for USA swimming star at Tokyo Olympics 2020
Caeleb Dressel has officially taken over as the face of men's Team USA Swimming, a role long held by Michael Phelps, at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Dressel, known for his prowess in sprint events, stole the show by winning the gold medal and setting a new Olympic Record in the men's 100m freestyle on Wednesday night. His emotional phone call with his wife, Meghan Dressel, after winning gold will undoubtedly be one of the most memorable moments of the 2020 Tokyo Summer Games. If Dressel continues to perform at the level he's expected to in Tokyo, he will join Phelps as one of the most dominant swimmers in Olympic history.
In his first Olympic appearance, Dressel teamed with Phelps to win two gold medals at the 2016 Rio De Janeiro Games in the 4x100-meter freestyle and 4x100-meter medley relays. Now a household name on the world swimming scene, he's expected to win several gold medals in Tokyo in 2020.
Dressel is the heavy favorite to win gold in the 100m Butterfly on Friday night. He is currently listed at -1200 (risk $1200 to win $100) in the latest 2020 Tokyo Olympics odds from William Hill Sportsbook, and he's also favored to win the 50-meter freestyle and 100-meter butterfly, and should make a run at setting new world records in all three events. (Check out SportsLine's expert Olympic swimming picks predictions HERE).
Here is a full list of Dressel's events and schedule at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Caeleb Dressel swimming schedule
Tuesday, July 27:
- 100-meter freestyle (heats) - 6:02 a.m. ET
- 4x200-meter freestyle relay (heats) - 7:17 a.m. ET
- 100-meter freestyle (semifinals) - 9:30 p.m. ET
- 4x200- meter freestyle relay (finals) - 11:26 p.m. ET. Result: United States failed to medal.
Wednesday, July 28:
- 100-meter freestyle (finals) - 10:37 p.m. ET. Result: Gold medal win and Olympic Record for Dressel.
Thursday, July 29:
- 100-meter butterfly (heats) - 6:02 a.m. ET
- Mixed 4x100-meter medley relays (heats) - 7:28 a.m. ET
- 100-meter butterfly (semifinals) - 9:30 p.m. ET
Friday, July 30:
- 50-meter freestyle (heats) - 6:02 a.m. ET
- Men's 4x100-meter relay (heats) - 8:50 a.m. ET
- 100-meter butterfly (finals) - 9:30 p.m. ET
- 50-meter freestyle (semifinals) - 10:11 p.m. ET
- Mixed 4x100-meter medley relay (finals) - 10:43 p.m. ET
Saturday, July 31:
- 50-meter freestyle (finals) - 9:30 p.m. ET
- Men's 4x100 medley relay (finals) - 10:36 p.m. ET
How should you bet on the 2020 Olympics? And which teams could sink your bankroll? Join SportsLine now to see how to bet on the Olympics, all from our team of experts who are dialed in to soccer, golf, baseball, basketball, track, gymnastics, swimming, and more, and find out!
Share This Story