2023 NFL Week 1 odds, picks: Early value plays and analysis of every spread following NFL schedule release
On Thursday, the NFL announced its 18-week schedule for all 32 teams, starting with the 16-game slate for Week 1. The Thursday night kickoff game features the Detroit Lions heading to Kansas City to face the defending-champion Chiefs, while MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey hosts not one, but two primetime games in Week 1, with the Cowboys and Giants squaring off on Sunday night before Aaron Rodgers makes his regular-season Jets debut against the Bills on Monday night.
With the Week 1 schedule known, sportsbooks quickly set their opening lines for the slate on Thursday. The tightest matchup is projected to be that Bills-Jets contest, with Buffalo a one-point road favorite. On the opposite side of the spectrum, the Baltimore Ravens and their $260 million quarterback Lamar Jackson open as nine-point home favorites against rookie QB C.J. Stroud and the Houston Texans.
Full Week 1 odds as of Friday morning at Caesars Sportsbook:
- Lions at Chiefs (-7), O/U 54
- Titans at Saints (-3.5), O/U 42
- Panthers at Falcons (-3), O/U 43
- Jaguars (-3.5) at Colts, O/U 43.5
- Texans at Ravens (-9.5), O/U 45
- 49ers (-3) at Steelers, O/U 41.5
- Cardinals at Commanders (-6), O/U 40.5
- Bengals (-2.5) at Browns, O/U 47.5
- Buccaneers at Vikings (-7), O/U 45.5
- Dolphins at Chargers (-2.5), O/U 50
- Raiders at Broncos (-3.5), O/U 44.5
- Packers at Bears (-2.5), O/U 45
- Eagles (-4.5) at Patriots, O/U 46
- Rams at Seahawks (-5.5), O/U 46.5
- Cowboys (-3) at Giants, O/U 46.5
- Bills (-1) at Jets, O/U 47
Below, we'll break down every one of these spreads and share my value plays and best bets. SportsLine analyst Todd Fuhrman revealed on CBS Sports HQ that Saints -1.5 was his Week 1 best bet, but that line quickly moved two points through the key number of 3. I'll only be looking at spreads as of Thursday night at the numbers listed above.
Which Week 1 matchup provides the most spread value? And which other lines are off at least a point? ... Join SportsLine right now to see Week 1 betting strategy from SportsLine's No. 1 NFL expert!
GET VEGAS EXPERT PICKS FOR NFL, MLB, NBA, CBB, GOLF, NHL, HORSE RACING AND MORE - PLUS ADVANCED COMPUTER SIMULATIONS, WINNING TOOLS, AND MORE!JOIN NOW
Share This Story