The United States Women's National Soccer Team didn't get off to the start they were hoping for at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, losing its first match of its group play schedule 3-0 to Sweden. The USWNT is still favored to take home the women's soccer gold medal, and anything less would be considered a massive disappointment -- especially after failing to medal at all in the 2016 Rio De Janiero Games.
Tobin Heath, Kristie Mewis, and the legendary goal-scoring trio of Carli Lloyd, Megan Rapinoe, and Alex Morgan, helped the USWNT bounce back with a dominating 6-1 win over New Zealand in their second group stage match. The USWNT is currently the betting favorite priced at +100 (risk $100 to win $100) to win the gold medal in the latest Tokyo Olympics 2021 women's soccer odds at William Hill Sportsbook.
Below is a full rundown on the remaining USWNT Olympic schedule, as well as a complete list of the 2021 USWNT Olympic roster.
U.S. Women's National Soccer Team Schedule
The US Women's National Soccer Team is a part of Group G in the women's soccer tournament at the 2021 Tokyo Summer Olympics. They are joined by Sweden, Australia, and New Zealand. Here is a look at the full USWNT schedule for group play at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics.
- USWNT vs. Sweden - Wednesday, July 21 at 4:30 a.m. ET. Result: 3-0 loss.
- USWNT vs. New Zealand - Saturday, July 24 at 7:30 a.m. ET. Result: 6-1 win.
- USWNT vs. Australia - Tuesday, July 27 at 4:00 a.m. ET.
Below are the 18 players on the 2021 USWNT Olympic roster. Four additional players are serving as alternates and can replace an injured player on the roster at any point during the Tokyo Olympics.
- Adrianna Franch (Portland Thorns FC)
- Alyssa Naeher (Chicago Red Stars)
- Julie Ertz (Chicago Red Stars)
- Lindsey Horan (Portland Thorns FC)
- Rose Lavelle (OL Reign)
- Kristie Mewis (Houston Dash)
- Samantha Mewis (North Carolina Courage)
- Abby Dahlkemper (Manchester City/ENG)
- Tierna Davidson (Chicago Red Stars)
- Crystal Dunn (Portland Thorns FC)
- Kelley O'Hara (Washington Spirit)
- Becky Sauerbrunn (Portland Thorns FC)
- Emily Sonnett (Washington Spirit)
- Tobin Heath (Unattached)
- Carli Lloyd (NJ/NY Gotham FC)
- Alex Morgan (Orlando Pride)
- Christen Press (Unattached)
- Megan Rapinoe (OL Reign)
- Jane Campbell, GK (Houston Dash)
- Casey Krueger, DF (Chicago Red Stars)
- Catarina Macario, MF (Olympique Lyonnais)
- Lynn Williams, F (North Carolina Courage)
How should you bet on the 2021 Olympics? And which teams could sink your bankroll? Join SportsLine now to see how to bet on the Olympics, all from our team of experts who are dialed in to soccer, golf, baseball, basketball, track, gymnastics, swimming, and more!